Re: [TCML] poor coil performance again- help!, torroid sizing

It vary's with the coil and user. It is typical to run a toroid at about 2/3 major and near the sec diameter as the minor, but nothings written in stone. Large top loads are nice in that they add more energy storage capacitance to the coil. But only as large as breakout allows.

Bart

Jim Mora wrote:
I don't remember but I think it was Richard Hull or Quick that recommended
2/3 length major diameter. A full length may require more power for
breakout?