From: bartb <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 6:17 pm
Subject: Re: [TCML] JAVATC Questions

Hi Dennis,?
?
Yes, 1/8" total gap. This is a safety gap and your main gap is something else, right? The "safety" gap you will have to experiment with even after it's on the system. The main gap should be set to just fire with the transformer. The safety gap should be set to not fire except if the main gap has a problem. How often the safety gap fires will depend on the regularity of the main gap. If the safety gap fires too often, it can heat up and then start firing more and more often as the electrodes heat and as the air around the safety gap becomes more ionized.?
?
Take care,?
Bart?
?