Re: [TCML] Small coil results

No Ben, not hard to see because you described it very well. Who knows, maybe you are seeing nearly 5000 bps! Cool!

I would assume it's not running so good (but that is only an assumption and relative to other bps rates). What are the sparks like at the top? I have an imagination but no experience at that bps, so my imagination is worth very little.

Take care,
Bart

Ben Sneath wrote:
Today it did power arc for a second, but that was when the
gap had heated up quite a bit, so it is actually very close to power arcing. Also once the spark gap heats up, the coil would go from throwing 10" sparks to barely breaking out with 3". According to my cro, it _is_ running at something like 3-5kbps. Thing is, i cant get a proper reading off the scope at high sweep rates, it refuses to trigger and give a stable trace so i put it back to 2 ms/div and could quite clearly see the 50Hz modulation as blocks of hash, but sticking out of the top this hash, there were 40 or so spikes almost all the same height, increasing in frequency toward the center and spreading again at the end. ie, these are the bangs and they are occurring as one would expect, faster at the peak of the supply voltage hard to explain without sending a picture, but as usual,
haven't got a camera...

ben