Re: [TCML] Variable RSG

Yes, I saw a picture at harbor freight website. It had a "full" and "variable" switch with center off position. So, one could get the motor up to full speed then switch to "var" and decrease the speed of the motor with the dial. A high rpm motor is needed for access to the higher speeds since it would be from 0 to full speed. I suspect it's a clipping circuit removing portions of the waveform for the variation rather than a variable voltage (must be something like that to be in such a small controller). I'll have to pick one up someday and check it out.

Bart

Ken Willison wrote:
I am using one on a rotary spark gap controlling 3/4 horsepower saw motor.
IT HAS A FUSE IN IT THAT IS ACCESSABLE FROM THE OUT SIDE!
kEN