Re: [TCML] Dumb Vista Question

Thanks Matt,
I hear you loud and clear. Heck, I'm thinking Mac these days. I thought I would never hear myself say something like that (pc user from the dos days). Started my pc life on a Commodore 64! I read up on Vista last weekend (does anyone remember Word for Dos?). Even Bill had nothing good to say. The exec in charge at the time of release was heading to a new job (Amazon I think?). Is this what happens when Bill isn't involved? I found out that Mac OSX grabbed a few things from Vista and released it before Vista (good for them! Lord knows enough from stolen from Apple and of course TI). XP isn't wonderful, but a heck of lot more forgiving than Vista.

As I've worked around security with Vista, I realize I would hate to be an IT guy with this system.

Bart

Mddeming@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Aaron, Bart This IS a valid work-around, but IMO the "bad" things are in Vista, not in "older programs", which run fine under 3 generations of OS's. As usual, MS has decided that customers are the best beta testers, Vista may be worthwhile in a few years but for now, it sucks swamp water. Bart, Definitely upgrade to XP until it won't run any more. Matt_D " It's NOT an undocumented feature, it's a F'ing bug!" - former MS employee " The more they tinker with the plumbing, the easier it is to gum up the works" - Montgomery Scott In a message dated 4/8/08 8:06:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Many  older programs do "bad" things
that Vista won't let them get away with by default. As I seem to have accumulated an inordinate number of
such  programs, I have the elevation prompting disabled
and elevation set to  "automatic" (see secpol.msc) on
my machine, which tends to sweep many of  these kinds
of issues under the carpet.  And Microsim  9.1
definitely qualifies as "old".

Cheers,
Aaron,  N7OE

**************Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides. (http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016)