Re: [TCML] Terry filter - are banana plugs okay?

Ryckmans, Thomas wrote:
Hello,

Are banana plugs okay to connect the NST to the terry filter, and the
primary to the NST? I have seen several designs e.g.
http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/BigCoil/protection.jpg

using banana plugs. Are these strong enough? Specs usually indicate
relativelty low voltage

In most hobby style HV designs, you get voltage rating by spacing the component/connector away from other things, rather than using a HV connector. Think of using nominal 300V or 600V insulated wire to carry 15kV.

Banana plugs work great. Just keep the plug and jack away from other conductors(I don't know that I'd use them at 50kV, because of the radius of curvature is a bit small)

I'd like to be able to disconnect all components quickly, and banana
plugs look good in that respect.

However, this terry filter looks really good -very elegant.

http://ian.macky.net/tesla/nstfilt1.jpg