RE: [TCML] MOV destruction

Hi Dennis,

Even though you're using a significantly LTR cap, I still think its possible for a too-wide static gap to allow mains resonance ringup to create a voltage above what a 15kV NST (and 8 MOV's) should endure.  It definitely sounds like the MOV's threw themselves on the sword!  8 MOV's (per side) is the right stuff for a 15kV NST, even at 130V.  I would recommend recalibrating the main static gap width, and probably the safety gaps too.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA