Re: Aluminium Wire (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 14:17:18 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Aluminium Wire  (fwd)

All true Matt, but the voyage of Columbus is a wee bit out there
considering the situation. Just some thoughts of what might constitute a
reasonable measure of one to the other is all that is needed. For
example, if Chris wound a coil too short in length that his measuring
equipment was unable to differentiate might lead to another one of those
blanket statements, and this time in the other extreme. In my opinion,
it's reasonable to simulate a respectable difference, build it, measure
it, and then see how sparks relate to those differences. That appears so
basic when reading it, but if the math isn't performed ahead of time,
it's a crap shoot (conclusions drawn from unknowns are meaningless).

Take care,
Bart