Re: Aluminium Wire (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 08:55:22 -0500
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Aluminium Wire  (fwd)

Variable air caps do not handle high peak currents in the range we are
discussing.

Plate caps dissipate heat but it's in the tank circuit where the high
current peaks are achieved, not in the tubes.  Tubes oscillate and pump
power into the LC tank circuit where it dramatically increases at resonance.

HV cross country transmission lines are carrying 60 Hz current not RF
currents.  At 60 Hz some losses are acceptable, but not at RF frequencies in
the LC tank circuit of an oscillator.

Aluminum will decrease your peak RF current in a Tesla oscillator tank
circuit.  If you can live with less current, and sparks that could be
brighter off the sec, then fine, otherwise use copper.

Sec potential across an inductor is basic physics, and it depends on -L
dI/dt.  With a fixed inductance, it's the rate change of current with
respect to time that counts the most.  Why muck around with aluminum when
the math and actual practice (LC tank circuits) tell us that lower current
will produce lower potential across an inductor?  Our common goal is high
current as practical and no less.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corp.
www.resonanceresearch.com