Re: Vacuum Tube Tesla Coil Design (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 20:54:15 -0700
From: James Zimmerschied <zimtesla@xxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Vacuum Tube Tesla Coil Design (fwd)

Brad,
try Steve Ward's site at 4HV.org: http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/<http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/>
Jim Zimmersschied
  ----- Original Message ----- From: Tesla list<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
  To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 1:27 PM

  ---------- Forwarded message ----------
  Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 13:21:31 -0400
  From: Brad Stockdale <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: Vacuum Tube Tesla Coil Design

  Hello everyone,

     I posted a while back about a batch of 4-400 tubes I was gifted. I also
  have a stack of MOT's in good working order. I would like to design a VTTC.
  I've found many sites and a few programs that help with the design of
  standard spark gap type coils, but none really mention VTTC's directly.

     I realize that a lot of the calculations will remain the same. However, are
  there any formulae that I should know about specifically for designing a
  VTTC?

     Are there any sites about the design of VTTC's?

  Thank you,
  Brad