RE: Bipolar Horizontal Coil - 16" Discharges - Plants (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:08:32 +0000
From: Jeff Behary <jeff_behary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Bipolar Horizontal Coil - 16" Discharges - Plants (fwd)

:)  He wasn't talking from the grave...

That was taken from an article written on electro-horticulture in 1892.  Faraday and others were mentioned from the past that tried it and had some kind of results, failures, etc...most of the experimentation done before high frequency currents were skeptical at best.  .  .

I know a man that has written many intense articles for the USDA concerning plants and diseases.  I'll send him an email and ask what kind of official experiments have been done along these lines.  I'm not suggesting we all electrify our gardens.  It would be interesting though to know if any "serious" studies have been made.

One thing is for certain, if germicidal lamps are used successfully today in plant propagation some of the same effects would have been witnessed by Curtis and others who were using Tesla Coils to [knowingly or unknowingly] accomplish the same thing.

One thing from the Curtis chapter - that is one interesting coil he built.  Looking close, its a semi-outdoor Tesla Coil rated for continuous use.  The spark gap is really interesting, two rotating disks.  Also, the coil form itself is interesting - the large topload capacity being a vast network of overhead wires.  It's a good read regardless, and brings up some interesting points when parts were limited.

Curtis was an amazing man.  According to his son, his father was an X-Ray doctor who died when he was young.  At 10 years old, he began to study electricity.  At the age of 19 years he published his first book and had his own staff and company.  By the time he was in his 20s he was doing vast work for the government and military involving refractory materials.  Like many of that generation, he seemed to have lived an extraordinary life from an early age, the sky was the limit!
Jeff Behary, c/o The Turn Of The Century Electrotherapy Museum http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com

> Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 19:56:13 -0600> From: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: Bipolar Horizontal Coil - 16" Discharges - Plants (fwd)> > > ---------- Forwarded message ----------> Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:40:17 -0700> From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>> To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>> Subject: Re: Bipolar Horizontal Coil - 16" Discharges - Plants (fwd)> > Slow discharges of static electricity facilitates the assimilation of> nitrogen by plants...Faraday proved that plants requiring large amounts of> nitrogen for growth did better when under the influence of a metallic> electrified cage placed around the plant... [American Association for the> Advancement of Science - 1892]"> > Faraday in 1892?> > Ed> > > >
More photos; more messages; more whatever – Get MORE with Windows Live™ Hotmail®. NOW with 5GB storage.