Re: calculating copper plate indutance (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 23:48:24 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: calculating copper plate indutance (fwd)

Hi Chris,

I added copper ribbon resistance to the output as requested.
http://www.classictesla.com/java/flatribbon/flatribbon.html

I've got it set to 3 decimal places. If your looking for more precision
for small turns, you can always calculate it.
R=pL/A where p is resistivity of material, L is the length, and A is the
cross sectional area.

So, A = thickness x height
L = Length of winding
p = 0.000001678 ohms/cm (the number I'm using anyway)

The resistivity of copper varies. This is part of the problem with
resistance numbers. There are a lot of copper alloys and even processes
can change affect resistivity. Temperature is also a large factor. The
output value will assume a temp of 20C (68F) and the common resistivity
number shown above.

Take care,
Bart