Re: troubleshooting tesla coil, continued (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 16:19:38 -0500
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: troubleshooting tesla coil, continued (fwd)

The aluminum will crinkle, you will get small air voids, corona will occur
due to the different dielectric constants of plastic and air, and the local
small corona will heat the dielectric until it softens and fails.

Home Depot has PE and PVC but it has small inclusions, ie, air voids in the
plastic, and the same problem will occur.

Best to go with MMC caps and avoid all these headaches and disappointments.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corp.
www.resonanceresearch.com