Re: secondary frequency problem (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:53:51 +0100
From: Chris Swinson <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: secondary frequency problem (fwd)

Hi Ray,

> By definition, a harmonic frequency is an integer multiple of a
> fundamental frequency.  There is not an integer relationship between
> 800 kHz and 2.7 mHz.   Consider that the wave form of the voltage out
> put of a Tesla coil contains many frequencies and their harmonics,
> Ccould the presence of 800 kHz and 2.7 mHz be the result of the sum
> and/or differences of the frequencies contained in the complex wave
> shape of Tesla coil output?
>
> Ray

The 2.7mhz is probably too high. I expected more towards 2mhz. That was the
design overview of the coil anyway. With other external factors , it should
have been a little lower, so could have done my testing below 2mhz.

I think it was 850khz thats the last output I got, anything past that just
faded out until 2mhz and nothing. Normally as you get closer to the
frequency the voltage starts going higher.

I really need a way to pump 2-3mhz into this coil. I will also repeat my
tests and type it on the pc instead this time.

Chris