RE: Winding Lathe Construction (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:35:24 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Winding Lathe Construction (fwd)

I agree with your disagreement, winding a coil (especially a smaller one with reasonably thick wire) will usually take less time that building a jig, and then winding (having two people also significantly helps).  But one may argue that once a jig is constructed, it is easier to wind many coils faster than by hand, and a jig can be made adjustable  to suit your every winding need.  Just a thought.
Scott Bogard.
> > hours and hours you'll spend winding a coil by hand.
>
> I have to disagree, it only took 45 minutes doing my 6" coil by hand.  With far fewer messups than if I were to do >it with a motor.
>
> Seem to me that before most people get the motor set up and debugged, I'd be done winding by hand.  Just my >experience, Your mileage may vary.

Can you find the hidden words?  Take a break and play Seekadoo!
http://club.live.com/seekadoo.aspx?icid=seek_wlmailtextlink