Re: Oil insulated secondaries (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 07:28:04 -0600
From: Gomez Addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Oil insulated secondaries (fwd)

A friend of mine has built a fairly successful 400-500 watt
TC with an oil-insulated secondary.  It has a single simple
spark gap and creates streamers around 12".  It could do
better if the gap were opened up, but at that point, the
secondary arcs down the side from top to bottom _around_
the oil tank (which is made of gray PVC pipe).  The
secondary is only about 24" tall.

Unfortunately, he has never written up any documentation
on it.

On Sep 9, 2007, at 10:29 AM, Tesla list wrote:

> [...]

WWCD: What Would Cthulhu Do?