Re: 4000 watt Audio Amp to drive Tesla coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 23:24:16 -0500
From: Drake Schutt <drake89@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 4000 watt Audio Amp to drive Tesla coil (fwd)

Well I don't really know anything about audio TC's, but car audio runs at
really low voltages (im going to assume 12VDC).  I'm sure I'm missing
something here, but how do you plan on running a TC off of 12V?

As far as a 4KW 12VDC power supply, I think you're almost SOL.  Ebay turns
up nothing even close to that, but you might be able to make one...  It
probably wouldn't be very fun though.  I really don't know anything about
fabricating a transformer, but you would just need a (really) beefy 10:1
transformer with a rectified output.  right?  Surely there's something out
there that you can make work.

Good luck and keep us posted.  I love audio modulated TC's and would love to
build one some day.

Drake Schutt