Video Frame Grabber (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 01:53:40 +0000
From: Sparktron01@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: Tesla List <Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Video Frame Grabber

Folks

I was reviewing recent magnifier video work at a Alex Tajnsek's shop,  The video
is from my Digital Camera (AVI, 30FPS), when I realized having a frame grabber
would be extremely useful to monitor streamer propagation, system
malfunction, etc.  OK, it is not a streak camera; but for the cost (FREE) and the
speed (33ms /.frame, 2 AC cycles), has been very enlightening and useful.
The application is Fx Frame Capture, and is ~ 5MB.  Copy entire text string below
and paste in browser, or google "FxFrame Capture".

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Other-VIDEO-Tools/Fx-Frame-Capture
.shtml

It allows you to review video in question; frame by frame.  When you see a frame
of interest you can save the frame in numerous formats (JPEG, bitmap, TIFF, etc).
as an individual picture.  You can also embed text into individual frames for
inclusion into Powerpoint presentations, etc.  Just the capability of frame by frame
review of a digital video HV run makes this utility very useful for those of us with
digital cameras that can produce digital videos directly...

FWIW

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA USA