Re: ballast are bogus!!! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 15:54:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ballast are bogus!!! (fwd)

I also blew sparks out of my Lincoln 225 welder,
twice. It's so old it still has copper windings. The
first time it may have been simply a flashover of
dust-bunnies. Cleaning it up and adding filters
between it and the pig helped get several more years
out of it. The second time it blew LOTS of molten
metal all over the floor. Though I only had it running
around 190 volts (it's a 240 volter), and it was set
at 90 of the 225 amps, it still managed to spark more
than my 10" coil! I've heard of lotsa folks who have
to use resistance with their welders to keep them from
"bucking". I thought my "bucking" was coming from my
pig, and not my welder, but there still may have been
some kind of resonance kickback thing going on.

Adam

> Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 10:32:24 EDT
> From: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx
> To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx