Re: Lightning strikes Sears Tower (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 05:46:28 -0400
From: Dave Pierson <davep@xxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Lightning strikes Sears Tower (fwd)

     I'd be intrigued by the patent number for Tesla's lighting arrestor.

>As far as high rises go, I'll bet a grounding buss goes straight down the
>elevator shaft, hopefully well away from the data lines that now are
>probably fiber.
     Any modern, steel frame, building has a 'faraday cage' inherent in the steel.
     There are full time professionals who do/consult on this class fo work,
     standards for testing, bonding etc.

     Both professional and 'interest' lightining' groups can be found on, eg YAHOO.

      best
       dwp