Re: Soljacic wins $10k MIT Young Scholar Award (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 15:18:40 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Soljacic wins $10k MIT Young Scholar Award (fwd)

As the shirts handed out last year at freshman orientation go:
on front "MIT"
on back "Because not everyone can go to CalTech""

	I got my MSEE at Caltech in 1948 and don't think "Witricity" or its discoverers would have been recognized on campus as other than a bunch of guys trying to work in a field beyond their experience or expertise.  We still learned about electric circuits and how to design and analyze them back then.

Ed