Re: FUN Electronic Kits, EICO, Heathkit, Allied, etc. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:50:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FUN Electronic Kits, EICO, Heathkit, Allied, etc. (fwd)

I forgot that we live in a country where greed, power, and corruption rules.  Where everyone sues their neighbor.  Where if you do not have insurance the hospital emergency room will let you die.  Where an attorney bases his fee on your ability too pay.

It use to be fun to look through the kit catalogs at all the kits.  Find one you like then order it.  In a few weeks it would arrive and you could have great fun building it.  I built an Eico VOM, EICO Tube tester, and some other kits.  It didn't save me much money but I had FUN.

I know you can not buy a Tesla Coil kit, the attornies would get rich on that. You can not buy any type kit anymore.  With electronis stuff already built being so dirt cheap you could not afford to build anything.  Kits are suppose to be FUN not bankrupt you.