Re: FUN Electronic Kits, EICO, Heathkit, Allied, etc. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:26:45 -0500
From: BunnyKiller <bunnikillr@xxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FUN Electronic Kits, EICO, Heathkit, Allied, etc. (fwd)

Hmmm  lets see,  a lack of interest, a fear of someone building
something that may hurt themsevles or someone else, cost to produce the
item ( imagine having to pay someone to sort thru the resistors, caps,
diodes  etc and put them into a bag for the kit)  and I suppose just
trying to find the "real" resistors instead of the micro-surface-mount
stuff. And besides, who wants to learn about electricity when you have
an X-Box 3000  ;)

It is a shame that "Responsibility" has diminished the access to some
really great learning tools....   Gawd forbid they ever bring back the
"toy store" chemistry set from the 60's...  now that was an awesome
learning tool...  probably why I have such an interest in science and
associated fields.

Scot D