RE: mysterious coil failure (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:04:46 +0000
From: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: mysterious coil failure (fwd)

One doesn't need a signal generator or scope of any kind to measure
coupling.  You need only know the primary and secondary inductance, and
perform the measurement described at
http://www.classictesla.com/download/M_and_k_Measurement.gif

I've not found it necessary to include the RC network across the
secondary.  The wording is confusing with "Take concentric readings from
meters."  I think what was meant is to take both primary current and
secondary voltage measurements at the same time on separate meters.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA