Re: RF filter circuit (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 07:09:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: Kris Grillo <kristianisawesome@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RF filter circuit (fwd)

I had built a terry filter for my NST power supply, and later used it on
my 2 MOT w/ half wave voltage doubler power supply.
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8721/nstfilter2sk0.jpg Terry has
mentioned that the filter is rated for .24 amps max. I noticed that the
resistors get HOT quick using the two mots. There temp would exceed the
capability of my IR temp gun (450F) in a about 60 seconds of run time, but
without it I was frying diode after diode. I don't even dare try it on the
4 stack.  I am looking for the math involved in sizing the resistors to
the power supply. I have ordered two sets of power resistors, 100ohm 200W
and 50ohm 250W. These are going to be my trial and error sets. If they
don't work, I'll just keep trying different values until things stop
burning up, I guess.