Re: Bleeder resistors VR-37 3500 volt (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 23:46:24 -0700
From: huil888 <huil888@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Bleeder resistors VR-37 3500 volt

Tony -

Although you can buy the cheapest possible resistors and connect several in
series to get the voltage rating you need, I've always used the Vishay/BC
Components (previously Philips) VR-37 high-voltage metal-film resistors for
MMC bleeders. The 1/2 watt series is rated for 3500 peak volts, and they
only cost a few cents more than the cheap resistors  ($0.06 in quantities of
100). These resistors are specifically designed for high-voltage
applications, and are very stable & corona-resistant.

Regards,
Scott Hanson