Re: Tesla myths corrected - Best text? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:12:54 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Tesla myths corrected - Best text? (fwd)

The 75 kW is derived from Tesla's statement,

    "I have, in fact, worked out a plant of 10,000 horse-power which would
operate with no bigger loss than 1 percent of the whole power applied; that
is, with the exception of the frictional energy that is consumed in the
rotation of the engines and the heating of the conductors, I would not lose
more than 1 percent.  In other words, if I have a 10,000 horsepower plant,
it would take only 100 horsepower to keep the earth vibrating so long as
there is no energy taken out at any other place." -- Nikola Tesla, 1916

>> I think [amount of power required to resonate the earth, i.e., the global
>> transmission line loss] is nearer 80 - 85kW myself.

Thanks, I can live with that.

Best regards,
Gary"

	Rather than quote Tesla why don't you give us your own calculations and the assumptions on which they're based?  I'll be glad to send my version to for critique to anyone who is interested and they disagree by many orders of magnitude.  Surely you've made your own calculations rather than rely on sensational statements made a century ago?????

Ed