Re: Tesla myths corrected - Best text? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:57:50 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Tesla myths corrected - Best text? (fwd)

Matt, I think you summarised the whole Tesla legend very well and the
difficulties facing those after the facts.

Without specific readings my educated guesses are:
It seems Tesla has reasonably photo documented sparks of 22 feet or so. (not
130ft)
Almost certainly less than 1MV. (not 100MV)
Should be able to light some light bulbs perhaps 100 feet away with a
resonant coil setup.
Lighting 200 bulbs to full brightness would need to almost be in range of
the sparks to get 10kW transfer to such an unmatched impedance. (not 40
miles)

Anyone care to significantly differ (by a magnitude or at least)?

Peter
http://tesladownunder.com