Re: fFINAL REPORT Cu COIL vs Al COIL (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 11:21:21 -0700
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: fFINAL REPORT Cu COIL vs Al COIL (fwd)

Tesla list wrote:
> [...]

I have a spool of 10,000 ft of AWG 36 (0.005" diam) Aluminum 5005 wire
that I use for exploding wire experiments. It's not insulated, but it
could be purchased that way, if you want.  (10kft was the minimum order)

It's not that much of a pain to handle, any more than other AWG >30
wires..  I wouldn't use it for fishing leader.

http://www.mwswire.com/ has lots of details on this sort of thing.
(you never know.. you might need Wollaston wire or 1 mil
platinum/rhodium or something)