Re: Double Throw Spark Gap (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 13:50:24 -0500
From: David Dean <deano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Double Throw Spark Gap (fwd)

On Wednesday 10 October 2007 08:46:06 pm you wrote:

> On yet another unrelated note,
> Does anyone have any feedback on my initial proposition of seriesing a
> static gap in the charging circuit to pulse power?

Hi

Perhaps a less than optimum static gap design would be the order of the day.

I see a static gap with one electrode sharp and pointed and the other
electrode flat.  A T.I.G. electrode and a tungsten disk. You need to observe
polarity as some rectification will occur.

The point heats up lowering the firing voltage of the static gap allowing the
ARSG to drain the storage cap further.  When the gap goes out it stars to
cool raising the firing voltage while the storage cap is recharged.

The trick would be to get just the right angle and degree of sharpness so the
heating cooling cycle will just track the storage cap charge cycle.

Just a thought.

later
deano