RE: Double Throw Spark Gap (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 21:25:04 -0600
From: S&JY <youngs@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Double Throw Spark Gap (fwd)

David,

Your explanation below is exactly correct, and is how I run my SPDT RSG.
There must be two sets of stationary gaps, such that as one set is aligned
with a rotor electrode, the other set is half way between rotor electrodes.
Yes, there still is one common connection to the power supply, but it has no
effect on the power supply during the discharge (main bang).  It works
beautifully - independent control of variable rate break rate & bang energy,
no ballast needed, very easy on the power source (no shorting it, not even
through a charging reactor), no trailing arcs in RSG, etc.

--Steve Y.