Searching for "show coil", possibly VTTC (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 00:55:58 EDT
From: Davetracer@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Searching for "show coil", possibly VTTC

Hello there. I have a somewhat unusual request.

I'm headed out to a conference Nov 6 or so. I'd like to take a relatively
low powered and well tuned Tesla Coil to it, because 20 years ago, I took a 4 x
811A VTTC to this same conference. My VTTC is no more.

Does someone have a, well, unused VTTC that I could buy? It doesn't have to
throw sparks 30 feet. It would be nice if it was constructed nicely, but I can
 fix a lot of little things.

I have two Stancor transformers, the exact ones used in the 1963?/64 VTTC
magazine project. They offer 6.3 VAC for tube filaments and 1200 volts
center-tapped for plate voltage. They're rather tricky to get ahold of (Stancor  was
not interested unless I wanted a thousand, but I pointed out that
proof-of-concept often required a couple). These make fine VTTC primary  transformers.
They're gathering dust. I could throw them into the swap.

Please contact me off the list if interested, preferably at    davetracer
at   aol   dot   com   .

Thank you!

  -- Dave