Re: Spacing (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 15:32:23 +0100
From: Chris Swinson <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Spacing (fwd)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 2:56 PM

all the info is on my page. I used 2 sheets of plastic 9x9" square about 4mm
in total thickness. You need about 2" gap all the way around the edges
otherwise HF currents tend to track rather nice over the plastic!  Mine was
sunk into transformer oil, I ran them up to 18KV with no problems. Still in
use and still working even today! must be several years old now!

HTH

Chris