Re: [TCML] Phase

Tony,

The method that works for me is like this:
First I make a model of the coil in microsim, where I fiddle with the
gap presentations until I get max. power trough, or in my case, equal
bang size for a 300BPS system.

Then I substitute the electrodes with magnetic pickup coils, enabling me
to scope the presentations.

I then refit the electrodes (setting them as close as I dare, as noted
by other coilers) and retard the fixed electrodes to account for the
fact that the spark jumps before mechanical alignment.

Then I run the coil, and watch If the adjustment works as predicted.

If the Microsim model is good, it does!

I have a page here, where you can get further inspiration:
(As you will see, I didn`t quite understand how to get a reliable
trigger on the scope in those days, about 8 years ago)

Cheers, Finn hammer

penny831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx skrev:
Good morning all,
  I was wondering if anyone has any advise on presetting the phase on a SRSG? I'd like to set it right in the begining for maximum bang for my buck. I read about using a flurescent light but I could see anything when I tied that besides a spinning electrode. Your advise is appreciated.

Tony