Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 11:49 PM
Subject: [TCML] neon sign power supplies

I noticed that there were some newer smaller boxes that were being sold
online for powering neon signs - they are smaller and lighter than a
transformer, and I am guessing from the website that it is more than a
transformer in the little box. Do any of you have any experience with these
things?  Are they as good as neon sign transformers?

If they are essentially the same thing (or better) I want one - because they are smaller and lighter (and therefore more portable for my small spark gap
coil).

As an example of what I'm talking about:
http://www.neoncentral.com/catalog.jsp?pageName=PS
(no idea if the prices or good, if they are reputable, etc.)