Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil Output Hazards, Skin Effect?

We work in contact with the HV terminal on small coils, however, we always use a glass topped elevated stand to do these experiments.

With most any type coil, it's the current that becomes the problem more than the voltage and frequency (within reason of course). Usually small coils 12/30 nst powered are reasonably safe on an elevated platform. Use caution around children and NEVER let them work with a Tesla coil on their own.

Dr. Resonance"

Fink's "NEON SIGNS" [~1934] makes the strange remark that a 15 kV 60 ma transformer can't electrocute anybody and that the main danger is falling off 'the elevated platform'. I'll be he never ran the experiment! I've always been deathly afraid of them myself even though logic says one would probably survive.

Ed