Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil Output Hazards, Skin Effect?

In a message dated 11/21/07 11:39:07 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Gary.Lau@xxxxxx writes:

.  Because I never find any reports of people coming
> into contact with  their HV output, it is difficult to come to a
> definitive  answer.

Hi Clive,

That may be your definitive answer. :^((   Check out safety in  the list
archives. HV-RF can burn a painless pinhole right through your  hand. Lack of pain
does not mean lack of damage.
Aside from immediate damage, there are several other considerations:

1) There are reports of long-term neurological problems among those  who have
done unprotected RF stunts.

2) In recent years, there have been a number of "monkey see, monkey do"
lawsuits here in U.S., though not Tesla-coil related yet. They work this  way: I
see you do a trick -- I injure/ kill myself trying the same  trick -- I or my
heirs sue you for having had a wrongful influence on me.

In general, I believe that man vs HV-RF discharge stunts are not good
demonstrations for children and other living things. Be very careful to keep the
rug rats away from the operating coil.

Matt D.