Re: [TCML] Tesla Coils and Stents

No problem with stents. You are a conductor and a fair Faraday cage and they really are tiny. One of our list contributors has an implanted defibrillator but even his risks of false triggering are minute. After all they are made to allow RF diathermy on the body (ie enough RF to cut and burn). They will stop during the RF but not be harmed by it. Of course if your control station is further away you get more exercise and lower your cardiac risk.....
Peter

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Zimmerschied" <zimtesla@xxxxxxx>
To: "Tesla" <Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 8:47 AM
Subject: [TCML] Tesla Coils and Stents

Hello List Members,
I recently had the experience of having a couple stents installed in my heart due to blockages. I was wondering if anyone had info on possible safety issues around coils when stents are present. The stents are stainless steel lattice which I would think would be like a small cylinder electrically (vs a small coil).

I would like to continue my hobby. I will add some precautions such as moving my control station farther away from the coils and maybe placing a grounded screen between me and the coil.

Any thoughts or actual experience would be appreciated.
Jim Zimmerschied