Re: [TCML] AC powered Ignition Coil Circuit

Ahh, that's it, a light dimmer!  Thanks!

----- Original Message ----
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2007 5:41:39 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] AC powered Ignition Coil Circuit

Using a relay and a capacitor gives a very simple circuit runing off 12V DC.
This is as simple as t gets for a 1 inch spark.
http://tesladownunder.com/HighVoltage.htm#Sparks%20for%20beginners
A light dimmer circuit runs off mains AC and works better or use some
SIDAC's.
http://tesladownunder.com/HighVoltage.htm#Ignition%20coil%20sparks

Peter