Re: [TCML] Homebrew Xfmr

Of course, is you don't have your health then you don't have anything, but then I'm a doctor, I'm biased...<grin>)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Nov 17, 2007 9:46 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TCML] Homebrew Xfmr

...>
But hey... I'll bet a good fraction of the folks on this list could have built that contraption (the one in the photos), if pressed. When my neighbors and I have discussions about ideal professions when, variously, stranded by plane crashes, collapse of civilization, etc.,I always advocate for engineer. Sure, the accountant can help you optimally allocate your scanty supplies, the lawyer can help resolve disputes, the English major can provide entertainment, but they're all going to be housed in something built by the engineer, and the engineer is the one who's most likely to figure out how to summon help. (But then, being an engineer,