Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2007 9:05 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Wanted (6) 8020 Vacuum tubes, RF filtering

Hi Ed,

I'm going to buy the tubes from Jim H. as the unit is self contained
(sockets and the filament transformer is internal with the HV
transformer)The PS is from a decommissioned military installation. This will
connect to a 20" ASRG with (8) 3/8" tungsten electrodes. I guess RF won't
matter with the tubes and I have a large 3 phase EMI filter for the LV side
which will go near the 3Phase 208V wye source. I'll post a picture to my
blog space when the tubes are plugged in the supply - very Frankenstein-ish.
The top plate supply insulator(it's tiered) and output insulator are 16"
high! It was manufactured by Raytheon. The transformer oil tests below 40PPM
PCB as there are no capacitors.

If anyone recommends doing RF filtering on the DC 24KV out side I would like
to read a post!

Thanks Much,
Jim Mora

-----Origin"

It will be fun just to sit in the dark and watch the filaments glow!

Ed

Should mention I'm a tube man myself.