From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Ed Phillips
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 12:28 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Wanted (6) 8020 Vacuum tubes

Jim Mora wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I am looking for (6) high conductance 8020 HV rectifier tubes and maybe a
>spare, at reasonable pricing. New old stock would be great! Otherwise, I
>would probably want to test them for near = conduction. This is for my 3P 6
>pulse radar transformer for a stiff DCHV PS.
>
>Otherwise, I will use a stack of 6 each 7500v 4a puck diodes (which I
>already have) in place of the tubes - just about the right height. The
>output has a 150 H reactor in the tank! Will any RF get past this back into
>the diodes?
>
>Thanks,
>Jim Mora

    Why not just use the diodes?  Of course if you have the sockets and
more importantly the filament transformer that's a bullet prooof way to
go.  As for the reactor, I wouldn't depend on it to keep "any RF" from
getting through as it will have some distributed capacitance which WILL
result in feed through.  Good RF bypassing after an RF choke would be
advisable, with the cutoff frequency way below your intended operating
frequency.

Ed