Re: [TCML] Slow progress.

In a message dated 11/16/07 11:10:43 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
btmeehan@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Ah - I  see what you mean about how you used them - I think that I could
probably  get my drill and a saw and attempt one.

Is there any real difference  between the performance of a flat coil primary
and a inverted cone shape  primary?

Inverted cones look cool to some folks, are more compact in size, and
provide easier access to the bottom for tapping. They are also more prone to
over-coupling , leading to racing sparks, and are more vulnerable to primary
strikes. Properly designed, they both work well.

Matt D.