Re: [TCML] Re: tesla coil help

Ben Sneath wrote:

Resonance,
You're mis-using JAVATC. 34 is not correct. Coeff. of
coupling can never >exceed 1.0

you must have misread that. my original message said 0.34,
not 34.

Uhhh...I remember reading '34' and thinking "Hmmm...something's not right, there."

In fact, I quote directly from your email:

> I'm sure that
> > the PVC pipe is not absorbing any significant amount of
> > power.  Overcoupling is usually evident with racing sparks
> > along the secondary.  Undercoupling can certainly
> > compromise performance.

No racing sparks but i do have a bit of corona leaping from
the top windings of the primary to the
secondary, also JAVATC said the coupling is something like
34

It's probably in the archives too ;-)

Dan K.