[TCML] how to work out average current ?

Hi all,

If a curent spike peaks to 1A over 500uS then what is the average curent over that cycle ? further complicates things as actual spike only lasts about 10uS then falls in current to zero over the rest of the 500uS period..

I am working on a DC res-charge circuit so it draws sharp current pulses. My NST will be current limited to maybe 100mA (depending on what NST I use) so just wondering if the 100mA limit will be enough to charge the smoothing caps up.

I think it works out at 150mA, at least that seems to be the RMS figure. 150mA may take longer to charge the capacitor though I do not see this as a problem.

I was trying to think how to add a current limiter into my simulation without using a resistor but can't think of a way of doing it. 5,000uS seems to be the charge time on 80mA limit via a resistor though it takes a full second of time to charge the smoothing caps up..

Does these figures sound about right ?

cheers,
Chris