Re: [TCML] can you connect the secondary *directly* to the primary?

David,
Yes, that is fine. the reason it is fine, is that it is grounded, so the
RF currents do not seek a path to the ground through your transformer
windings.  Also, it is not a center tapped transformer, so the ground
actually is the ground, not 5kV- or so.  Just don't ever touch the
output on your coil, and don't step on your RF ground cable!  I believe
Scot Dingman uses that setup, only with two piggies, and it works well.

Scott Bogard.