Re: [RE]mains filter (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 18:29:36 -0800
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RE]mains filter (fwd)

Hi Gary,

When I first started adding filters, I hooked them up backwards (like so
many others did). It did ok for a while, but one day I blew a 1/2" hole
in the filter case. I've since wired my filter normally with no such
problems. But honestly, I have no clue if it's doing any good or not.
There was time when I was able to get my hands on a nice Dranetz logging
meter, but those days are long gone. Too bad I wasn't coiling back then.
A Dranetz would be very handy logging the lines and ground before and
after the filter over time.

Take care,
Bart