Re: SCR & PRIMARY CONNECTIONS (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 01:06:04 -0000
From: Chris Swinson <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: SCR & PRIMARY CONNECTIONS (fwd)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 9:59 PM

I do not think anyone has design a coil like this before, I have been
working on its design for the past year now. have documented and wrote 100's
of experimental data. Still has a lot of bugs to work out. But on one note,
you do not have to drive on Fres. I have 2mhz output with 100hz input. There
is in effect 2 tanks caps, one for supply of power , the other for tuning.
The SCR closes the primary circuit dumps the tank cap and the SCR white
turned on resonates at 2mhz. It works fine though I have a lot of resonante
circuits in operation at the same time and all have to be timed exactly, its
a nightmare to say the least.

Its one thing I do not get what Tesla said, Like his primary was running at
1khz and the extra coil at 1mhz for example.  I think it is the magnifier
design, either both secondary and extra coil have to be on the same note, or
you can drive the extra coil from induction from the secondary and the extra
coil is just grounded and runs at its own free resonant frequency. Trouble
is CSN book experiments get confusing as Tesla went back and forth doing
tests so makes it hard to follow at times. Tesla also said the
primary/secondary can be driven via inductance or resonance. At resonance
everything has to be in tune, but primary/secondary induction would run at
1khz or so, either the extra coil was grounded or connected in series with
the secondary. Though I do not see how a series coil can work, as it is like
trying to drive a 1mhz coil with 1khz, I do not understand how that can
work.

Anyway, there is a lot of combinations. I am experimenting in free resonance
of the extra coil, high Q factor running 1mhz, low coupling <0.05K. Trying
to use capacitance transfer formulas rather than inductance, do not
understand the inductance one much, but voltage gain via large tank
capacitance into high Q low inductance low capacitance extra coil. Voltage
gain via high frequency high Q coils not high inductance. Never understood
why people use a high inductance extra coil in magnifiers, would make more
sence to me to use a high Q extra coil and drive the coil via secondary
induction rather than series feed... though its back to my point that I do
not see how a 1khz induction based pri/sec can drive a extra coil at free
resonance.. I think it just needs a really fast rise time, such as striking
a bell hard and fast once will ring at its natural frequency... as such tap
the bell 100 times a second and it will ring at maybe 1khz or whatever its
natural frequency is.

The same idea as my coil, hit the secondary hard and fast at 100times a
second and it will ring at 2mhz (its natural frequency). It does work!
However I am also suffering with low voltage designs due to a million
reasons... so I need to get my primary resistance down to like 0.01ohm,
inductance to less than 1uH... its why my post was asking about SCR's being
right next to the primary!

As you can imagine the entire project is one big headache! It is almost
technically impossible to construct, but the theory behind it is fine. It is
nothing new even, just a real pain to build! I am in 2 minds if to convert
back to a high voltage design and save half the headache, though it would
need a solid state spark gap, and costs £2,000 plus. Low voltage can work,
but building a low resistance primary with low inductance should be
understandable by now!

Anyway, drifting way off topic again.. not going to rant on about it,
everyone thinks I am nuts already without high Q coils and low coupling at
high frequency with LV drives with dual tank caps and several resonante
circuits!

Chris