Re: filter (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 06:50:58 -0600
From: David Dean <deano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: filter (fwd)

On Monday 05 November 2007 09:17:49 am you wrote:
> [...]

Hi

See http://www.ibiblio.org/kuphaldt/electricCircuits/AC/AC_8.html for a basic
discussion of filter design.

Some of the better filters (not addressed in the above link) use a pi type
filter. They have a high frequency bypass capacitor on the input across the
line, and a high frequency bypass filter on the output across the load. In
the middle they have an inductor in series with each leg of the line but both
of the inductors are wound on a common core in such a way as to provide
common mode rejection.  Also Known As a common mode rejection transformer.

See http://www.e-sonic.com/aboutus/cat/A/AC%204.pdf for schematics and
specifications of some of the corcom filters.

My understanding is corcom filters are readilly available at little cost. See
the concurrent thread on "mains filter".

later
deano