RE: 3 phase pole pig (fwd), Zig zag transformer question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 22:49:25 -0700
From: Jim Mora <jmora@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: 3 phase pole pig (fwd), Zig zag transformer question

Hello Ralph, et al,

Interesting, is the combined 120-0-120 180 degrees out of phase, or?
I have a 20KVA 3P diesel 480 delta genset for my big DC coil, a 480v 3p
delta to 208y configureable stepdown transformer and would like to have
120-0-120 for emergencies since I live in earthquake country. I am under the
impression that I can get 60% via this route, your thoughts?

Thanks,
Jim Mora
S.,Ca